What is Python?
Python is a high-level programming language with a minimalistic syntax. With the help of Python, you can successfully develop system applications with a GUI, command-line utilities, various specialized software solutions, games, web applications, and lots of other things.
Walt Disney, Amazon, and Spotify use it. And Instagram and YouTube are written entirely on Python. Impressive, isn't it?
The main goal of this programming language is to increase developer efficiency and simplify code readability due to its minimalism.
Having a minimalist code, however, does not mean it’s a limited language. The libraries of this language contain a vast set of different functions, so that you can implement all kinds of functionality and design.
As of 2019, Python also has the fastest adoption rate compared to other programming languages around the world, according to the StackOverflow study.
So, why is Python so popular? What is Python used for? And what do programmers that are specialised in Python earn annually?
Benefits and features of Python
Like any other programming language, Python has its features and advantages. See our benefits and features list below:
- Simplicity. Python is a simple and straightforward language; it is easy to learn, compared to C++ or Java, for example. If you have no previous experience in programming Python is a great place to start a programming career.
- Minimalistic. Here is a simple example of how you would get started with Python – "Hello world!" This is the first thing any beginner starts with when learning any new programming language. In Java, to display this phrase on the PC, you need at least five lines of code, four lines in C++, and for Python, only a single line is required, something like this: “print "Hello world." Could it be easier? No! But this is just the most straightforward example; the effect will be even more noticeable for more complex applications.
- Wide range of frameworks. Any programmer knows that a framework allows you to simplify and speed up the code writing process – less text, less errors, and faster development. You can easily find the optimal development environment for yourself with Python.
Python allows you to connect the libraries written in the C language, and such integration enables you to increase the development efficiency, and to speed up the writing of the program even more.
- Dynamic typification. With this approach, a ‘type of variable’ is assigned to a variable that has not actually been declared. That is, a type of variable is automatically assigned so the programmer doesn’t have to worry about assigning these variables. This type of typification is also used in other programming languages, like Ruby, Perl, and PHP.
Dynamic typing is a handy feature for newbies as it simplifies the coding process and helps them to avoid potential mistakes. Besides, there are no parentheses in Python, which also avoids the complexity.
- Promising outlook. We have already noted that Python is now in great demand. In fact, it is growing faster than other languages; today, the market really needs qualified Python specialists. This is promising news for future programmers.
Where is Python used?
Python is used in many areas, from system administration to data science. Here are some of the areas:
1. Web development. Perhaps Django and Flask are the most popular Python frameworks, and their popularity continues to grow among web developers. They make it easy to create both backend code for servers and frontend code that runs in a browser, so with these tools, Python's outlook for web development has improved dramatically.
2. Mobile applications. When we talk about mobile apps, Kivy and BeeWare Project are at your service. Kivy is a Python library with functions and primitives intended for GUI applications: buttons, forms for entering text, and radio buttons. Just the right thing for developers of cross-platform mobile applications. Besides, BeeWare is a framework that offers a set of tools for writing mobile applications.
3. System administration. Why do system admins need Python? To automate their tasks. It's easy to learn, and at the same time it’s a very powerful tool. Writing scripts in Python will significantly increase the efficiency of system administration, and its cross-platform feature allows you to use Linux OS, which is often used on servers.
4. Research and data analysis. This programming language is also suitable for scientific research. There are several libraries that have been designed for complex mathematical calculations and graphics (for visualization): SciPy; NumPy; Matplotlib. This makes Python wildly popular with mathematicians and physicists. Besides, programs with the implementation of machine learning and analytical solutions can also be created with it.
So, as you can see, Python is in great demand with a wide variety of users.
What is the salary of a Python programmer?
A Python programmer’s salary is influenced by factors like experience, skill, and country of residence, so it is difficult to provide you with an accurate overall figure, as each individual salary is likely to be different.
In order for you to obtain a real estimate of a Python developer’s salary in your area, you’ll need to check out the link below, and add your country of residence. This will give you a better idea about the amount of money that a Python programmer in your area earns.
In short, Python is an easy, powerful, and forward-looking programming language. It is definitely worth learning! Check out our website for more information.