Effective as of July 19, 2022
THIS GUARANTEE APPLIES TO STUDENTS WHO ENROLLED STARTING FROM THE EFFECTIVE DATE AND ONLY IF THERE IS A LINK TO CAREERIST GUARANTEE IN THE AGREEMENT SIGNED BETWEEN CAREERIST AND STUDENT.
THIS GUARANTEE APPLIES ONLY USERS OF JOB APPLICATION SERVICE (JAS) OR TO STUDENTS WHO ACTUALLY SUBMIT THE REQUIRED NUMBER OF DAILY APPLICATIONS, AS SET FORTH IN MORE DETAIL IN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SECTION BELOW.
Welcome to the online learning management platform developed by Careerist Inc. (“Careerist”, “we”, and “us”) for students and instructors to communicate and learn in a more efficient way from our educational partners* (the “LMS”). Educational partners and Careerist are committed to your success, and will support you fully in the transition into your tech career. We back our commitment with the following Careerist Guarantee: subject to your full and continued compliance with the Terms below, Careerist will refund 100% of your upfront payment for the Applicable Training Program as defined below if you are not offered a Qualifying Position (as defined in the Terms) within the Guarantee Period of receiving a certificate of completion.
Applicable Training Program shall mean Manual QA course, Automation QA course, Technical Sales course, Tech Career Bundle, Tech Sales Bundle taught by our educational partners through the LMS on or after the date this Guarantee is published on the Careerist’s website.
The Guarantee is applicable only if there is a link to it in the agreement signed between Careerist and the Student.
A career start or transition in the tech industry involves focused, consistent effort. We put in this a lot of effort to help you make that transition, and ask for the same commitment from you. Specifically, you shall satisfy the requirements below in order to be eligible for the Careerist Guarantee. If these requirements are not satisfied, you may still participate in the training program and receive all of the advantages of career support, but you will not be eligible for the Careerist Guarantee.
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to the Careerist Guarantee:
Job Application Service (JAS) - is a service that will actively look for employment for You in Qualifying Positions.
“Qualifying Position” is defined as any role that is or is substantially similar in nature to
Software Quality Assurance, Information Technology, Software test engineer, QA analyst, QA tester, Manual tester, Functional tester, UI tester, Black-box tester, Test analyst, Quality engineer (QE); and other in Manual QA testing field.
QA Automation Engineer, SDET (Software Engineer in Test), QA Automation Tester, Software Tester, Test Automation engineer;
Sales Associate, Sales Consultant, Sales Development Representative (SDR), Tech-Sales, Inside Sales, Representative, Outside Sales Representative, Account Executive (AE), Account Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Operations Analyst, Sales Support, Client Services, Sales Lead, Lead Generation/Development, Business Development Managers, Technical Sales, Sales Operations Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Director of Sales, Vice President (VP) of Sales, IT Support Representative, Sales Assistant, Sales Operations, Analyst, Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer, Pre sales Engineer, Post sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, Applications Engineer, Sales Application Engineer, Associate Sales Engineer, Associate Applications Engineer, Associate Solutions Engineer, Associate Systems Engineer, Technical Support, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Field Sales Engineer, Software Sales Engineer, Customer Success Manager (CSM), Customer Engagement Manager, Product Manager, Data Analyst, Python Developer, Solutions Architect, Technical Architect, Senior Solution Architect, Associate Solutions Architect, Principal Solutions Architect, Technical Solution Architect, Senior Technical Architect, Presales Solution Architect, Junior Solutions Architect, Partner Solutions Architect, Chief Solutions Architect, Senior Cloud Architect, Senior Enterprise Architect, Analytics Architect, Customer Solutions Architect, Entry Level Solutions Architect, Solution Architect Manage;
and other similar positions:
Please note that while the training program offered through the LMS prepares you for a career in a specialized field, we cannot guarantee that your first position will be in that field.
If you are paying for your program using the Income Share Agreement funded by Careerist, a “Qualifying Offer” is defined as an offer for a Qualifying Position that you accepted and started working in this Qualifying Positions. If your Income Share Agreement is managed by a third party provider, we may communicate to your ISA manager that you have received an “Offer of Employment” once you have received a Qualifying Offer.
The “Guarantee Period” is defined as the period of 12 months (or a longer period as set forth below) beginning at receiving the certificate of completion. The Guarantee Period may be terminated or extended unilaterally by Careerist for up to six months if there is a natural disaster, including COVID-19 related reasons and mass vaccination, or extensive lay offs in the tech industry, or other occurrence beyond Careerist’'s control at any point during the Guarantee Period that disrupts the job market nationally.
The “Metropolitan Areas” means the 100 mile radius territory of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; New York City, NY; Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco Bay Area, CA; and Washington, DC.
Commitment to the Training Program and Your Own Success
We require that you fully commit to your job search and take our instructions seriously. As a graduate of the Careerist training program, we expect you to be an active participant in your own success, and put significant effort into your own growth and your job search. Therefore, for the Careerist Guarantee to be applicable:
○ You must complete 95% of the core curriculum within 2 months of your program start date, not including any freeze, pause, or extension granted to you by Careerist or respective educational partner.
○ You must meet or exceed expectations on all core projects, according to the program curriculum or outline. You are welcome to submit improved versions based on your mentor’s feedback until you meet expectations.
○ You must have completed and passed all career development tasks that are (a) listed in the curriculum, in the order they appear in the curriculum, and (b) personally assigned to you by your program instructors. This includes without limitation answering phone calls or at least replying or calling back in 24 hours or scheduling a call with our representative that you will not miss during those 24 hours and passing mock interview (failing to pass mock interviews may terminate eligibility for the Careerist Guarantee).
○ You must be an active user of Job Application Service during the whole Guarantee Period or in case You are not JAS service user, You agree to apply for Qualifying positions in the Metropolitan Areas and remote without JAS and in this case You must submit no less than 95 applications per week during the whole Guarantee Period and keep written proof of all submissions to have Guarantee applicable to You;
Consult Your agreement provisions for more detail about the period of JAS which is included in Your Careerist agreement; JAS service may be subject to additional payments depending on the provisions of the agreement signed between You and Careerist.
○ You must be active in building your network and add at least 30 connections per day on LinkedIn until you reach 500+ connections and pass 3 interviews per month with different companies, starting from the second month. An interview with a hiring manager may be done in person, video chat or phone call. Being consistent in your networking including making contacts and following up is critical to one’s success in the job search.
○ You must schedule calls with a Careerist career mentor at the frequency instructed by the mentor/coach, subject to the coach’s availability.
○ You should take guidance from your Careerist career mentors team, and follow their instructions on your job search strategy including building your network and applying for Qualifying Positions that fit for you. You should be applying for roles that are suited to your areas of expertise, and maintain realistic expectations about what kind of first job is right for you.
○ You must provide the Careerist career mentors team with a weekly summary of job-related activity through the LMS or any other way advised by Careerist, including all job applications submitted and networking efforts made. You agree to provide the Careerist career mentors team with further job-related information upon our request.
○ You must attend/watch our weekly graduates meetings, at least 2 graduates meetings a month for the first 12 months after graduation.
○ You must respond to placement related communications from Careerist within 24 hours.
○ You must always act with reasonable and good faith efforts to obtain a Qualifying Position.
How This Guarantee Applies To You
Without limiting the foregoing, situations that void this Careerist Guarantee and make it null include, but are not limited to (at Careerist’s sole discretion):
Certification for Reimbursement
If you believe you qualify for a reimbursement, you must provide a written and signed certification that you have met all the requirements set forth in these Terms, and have not been offered any Qualifying Positions, at [email protected] within one calendar month following the expiration date of the Guarantee Period.
Likewise, Careerist may waive any breaches in its sole discretion.
*Careerist contracts with reliable Educational Partners for providing educational services to the students, while Careerist will provide only career counseling and job application services to the students.